Tuesday, July 22, 2014
My 10 Best Pieces Of Advice For My Daughters
1. Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you and it is something that with time does not deteriorate but grows. Knowledge will always be your best path for self-confidence and self-confidence will always be your best asset in life.
2. A woman can do everything that a man can do. This includes you having a successful career and him changing diapers at 3 A.M. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship but never forget that you are and will always be the key to love in your home. Be strong and tender at the same time.
3. Don’t ever be a bully and don’t ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself. In rare occasions this will mean with your fists but in most occasions this will mean with your words. Knowledge and Respect will come handy in these situations.
4. Treat everyone kindly. It is better to be kind than to be right. It is easier to destroy than to build. Building is always a better path. Peer pressure can be a scary thing but be a good leader and others will follow. People that understand this will make them better companions in your life.
5. If you fight a lot with your boyfriend now, the fights are going to worsen when you are married. People don't change. They adapt. People adapt to the stage of least resistance. Forever is a long time to live alone but it’s even longer and more painful to live with somebody who hates your guts. Find someone that respects your knowledge and leadership. Make sure that you both have an effective way of resolving conflict. Keep in mind that a sense of humor goes a long way in conflict resolution and healing.
6. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don’t let anyone take something away from you that he can’t give back. The reason that they’re called “private parts” is because they’re “private”.
7. Save money when you’re young because you’re going to need it someday.
8. Play a sport. It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time and stay out of trouble. And maybe even hit a ball.
9. Choose your attire carefully. Taking pride in your appearance is important but keep in mind that somebody’s got to clean your mess.
10. Remember to call your parents because we might be missing you but above all remember that your father will always love you and be there for you, no matter what.